I started my Personal Project on 9 – March and it ended on 21 – March. My target language is Chinese and Memrise is the app I have used to memorize 10 words and a few greeting sentences during the Action Period. With my teacher’s help I find that my learning strategy is cognitive. First of all, I downloaded the app to my mobile phone and then my learning Chinese started. Everyday I spend 10 minutes reviewing previous lesson and learning a new one. After that it took me about 20 minutes because the lessons are more and more difficult. I learned not only words but also greeting sentences. The app gives me many types of checking such as multiple choice, tapping, listening and typing. Especially there are native speaker videos which helps me speak naturally and accurately. Besides, a faded flower on the left corner bloom when I complete my test successfully, which encourages me to learn. Now I can achieve my aim: memorizing 10 words and some greeting sentences. *Through my result I evaluate the app according to Thornbury and Chapelle’s theories:
-The input the app Memrise provides is listening, speaking and vocabulary.
-The app has no output because I just do multiple choice, tapping tests, listening tests
-There’s little interaction.
-It gives general feedback.
-I’m motivated to learn.
*SMART criteria can help me valuate my aim:
-Specific: By the end of the Action period I can memorize 10 words and some greeting sentences.
-Measurable: I’ve made progress.
-Attainable: I achieved my aim.
-Relevant: my aim is clear and the time is suitable.
-Time bound: 2 weeks
Before using the app Memrise, I can’t speak any Chinese at all. But now when I finish my project I can achieve my goal: memorizing 10 words and greetings. I’ll recommend this app to my colleagues and students.
This is the class blog for the Green Class of the ICTE-UQ EMTP Binh Duong Province course.
Wednesday, 21 March 2018
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
What a journey. What a pleasure to have you all with us. Tạm biệt và chúc may mắn!
-
Hello, my name is Uyen. I choose babbel.com to experience the independent learning of a language with mobile technology and my target langua...
-
My project began on 9th ,March and up to now I can reach my SMART aims. After a specified period of time I am able to greet in French, int...
-
After finishing French 1, I continued to choose French 2for my progress. French 2 is more difficult than French 1 that just has lots of simp...
Fantastic evaluation, Tung! I'm glad you achieved your SMART goal and are no able to thoughtfully technology for language use. Do you think you will introduce this app to your students so that they can study English independently? Why/why not?
ReplyDeleteSure! I’ll definitely recommend this app to my students because they are not only good at English but also smart at technology. It’ll be useful for them to improve their English as well as to learn new languages.
Delete