Sunday, 18 March 2018

Minh duc- post 3

The first thing I want to say is that the way this app make users like me fascinating is that it always refresh itself. For example : it often update to have more stuffs to deal with. For example , you can take a photo and it will say what the word is . It is marvelous! Like this way, you will always want to learn more because it is easy for you to learn. For instance : take a picture of water and it will say l'eau. Great! Another things I want to mention is that it will help you study difficult words by asking you fill missing words in the blank or rearrange jumble words. All exercises make me so interesting because I want to do more and more . The best part is that you can meet the natives ! They can talk with you and help you correct if you make mistake! It  is great, isn't it? I will use it regularly because it can help me or remind me if I forget to learn. You will see your effort will record in marks and you will receive a reward if you study harder! It has words learnt, words review and your points. It also including the time that you spend to learn the words. If you want to compare or just want to see how develop you were with your friends , memrise will help you show your marks to other by public them in memrise.com. All these things , you can see in your profile. The best thing I like is that you can study up to 100 languages in the world. Amazing! Up to now, I studied about 30 French words and these words can help me having a small talk with foreigners about greetings like" bonjour, merci..." Great! I will keep up with this app!

4 comments:

  1. This sounds very interesting. It seems that it is very motivating (one of Thornbury's principles) and also that you can track progress (which is gamified). Is that right? I'd like to hear more about your evaluation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah! If I rate it , it will receive 4 stars. Not five, because I think it restricts many users by asking them to pay money for these functions like: difficult words, speed review , or meet the natives. The best thing is that you can see your progress and compare with your friends. This stimulates the challenge among you and your friends. The final thing is that the app can update the interative function like duolinguo . For example : a friend will have a conversation by the target language will help you whenever you want or have difficulty in studying language. It 's great, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That does sound good. Many apps have a "freemium" format, i.e. many free features and then some paid-for premium features. I guess the teacher's role is find ways to exploit the free one to its maximum ability, as we do with Quizlet, Kahoot, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And one final question: Did you meet your SMART goals set in the beginning?

    ReplyDelete

What a journey. What a pleasure to have you all with us. Tạm biệt và chúc may mắn!